The performance-based Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation exam (EX407) tests your ability to use Ansible to automate the configuration of systems and applications.
By passing this exam, you become a Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This exam is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
Red Hat recommends that candidates be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) or at a minimum a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) before attempting this exam, but neither is required.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should have the following skills and abilities:
- Understand core components of Ansible
- Configuration files
- Run ad-hoc Ansible commands
- Use both static and dynamic inventories to define groups of hosts
- Utilize an existing dynamic inventory script
- Create Ansible plays and playbooks
- Know how to work with commonly used Ansible modules
- Use variables to retrieve the results of running a commands
- Use conditionals to control play execution
- Configure error handling
- Create playbooks to configure systems to a specified state
- Selectively run specific tasks in playbooks using tags
- Create and use templates to create customized configuration files
- Work with Ansible variables and facts
- Create and work with roles
- Download roles from an Ansible Galaxy and use them
- Manage parallelism
- Use Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data
- Install Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems
Use provided documentation to look up specific information about Ansible modules and commands