Learn to deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStack
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Access Ceph Storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
- Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Not sure if you have the correct skill-set knowledge? Find out by passing the online skills assessment.
Audience for this course
Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
- To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
Prerequisites for this course
- Have earned the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Have earned theRed Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or have equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210) course
Outline for this course
- Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage - Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
- Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features - Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage - Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Create snapshots and clones - Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
- Ceph with the Glance Image service - Integrate Ceph with the Glance image service, the Cinder block storage service, and the Nova compute service.
- Introduce networking fundamentals - Explain standard networking concepts and OpenStack Neutron networking concepts and services.
- Implement virtual bridging - Install and manage virtual network bridges.
- Implement virtual network devices - Create and deploy virtual network devices.
- Implement network namespaces - Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Manage neutron services - Verify and manage the configuration of Neutron networking service.
- Provisioning project networks - Provision project networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
- Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) - Implement LbaaS.
- Troubleshoot Neutron networking services - Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
- Comprehensive Review - Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310) - Become a RHCE in OpenStack by passing our exam, where you will demonstrate your abilities to integrate and configure with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Ceph Storage, and Neutron services.